Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Long Day...Long Post

Today was a long day. I went to school and read my research paper that counted as the final. Which feels sooo wonderful to be done with it! Then I cam ehome for about an hour and took Maddie to the doctor for her rash. Since she had a rash we had to go in through the back door in case it is contagious. So we sat alone in a room in the back. Maddie must of known where we were because everytime she saw someone in scrubs she cried. We sat back there for about 30 minutes and then when the medical assistant came to get us to weigh her she immediately stiffened up in my arms and then screamed when I put her on the scale like she usually does. Then we sat for another 30 mimnutes waiting for her pediatrician. And of course Maddie cried when she saw her to. And when she realized we were completely finshed she was all smiles, the lil booger! Our pediatrician said it was a really bad case of excema and to keep doing what we have been doing... putting aquafor and hydrocortizone on her and giving her oatmeal baths. She also gave me Zyrtec and a non-steroid cream (that I think stings my poor baby because she cried sooo sad when I put it on her after her bath tonight!).

Here she is in her oatmeal bath tonight. (Sorry I'm still using pictures from my phone so they aren't very good). It's a good thing she loves playing in her bath so she can soak in it for about 20 minutes. I also told the pediatrician that she still isn't walking yet. She said that I have the option of taking her to Early Intervention. So I think that I'll do that to see what they say and if they can help her out a little bit. It couldn't hurt. After the dr. we went to pick up the kids and take them to music. Then we met everybody at Wendy's and after that me and Maddie went to Babies R Us to look for white shoes because I'm getting Maddie's Easter pictures taken tomorrow. I didn't find the shoes in right size but I found an outfit that says Mommy's Little Angel! :) We got home at 8 and I still had some things I had to get done so I didn't get Maddie into bed until 9. Which was fine because she was perfectly happy crawling around. Lately she's been going to bed pretty early, usually around 8.

That's about it for our day today. Hopefully she'll be good for her pictures tomorrow! Here are a few more pictures of Maddie. A few weeks ago I was messing around and got an idea to try to straighten her hair! Well it didn't work out to good (I didn't think it would lol.. but I just wanted to see!) and she didn't appreciate it too much. I just ended up wetting her hair and letting it curl back up again but the pictures are pretty funny!

She was with Christa so she was reaching for me. And then the second picture I took her and she was more relaxed. What a mama's girl!

No comments: