Friday, April 10, 2009

Maddie and the Fork

Today at lunch I made Maddie mac-n-cheese, which she loves. Well, shhe doesn't know how to eat with a fork yet so I gave her one. First she ignored it. So I tried to put it in her hand but she didn't get it. So I stabbed a macaroni and put it in her hand and guided it to her mouth. And then she caught on to holding the fork. Of course she wanted to take the food off the end of the fork with her fingers and then eat it. But she was starting to get the hang of it, somewhat. But the funny thing was that she was cracking up the whole time. She thought the process of using the fork was hilarious. She still wanted to use her hands though.. but we will work on that. Her second plate of mac-n-cheese was empty and she was starting to fuss so I thought she was done so I took the plate. She squealed at me! And then got happy when I put the plate back. She was not done! So I let her finish off the rest of the box. I think she ate more than me! Needless to say when she was done she was a big cheesy, cranky mess!

No comments: