Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Babyshower




This is my second Wednesday's Walk and if you want to know how to participate click on the button above and you'll be redirected to Lynette Kraft's blog.


So this week I am remembering my baby shower. I had it in October of 2007 down in Miami at my grandma's house. My grandma and stepmom put everything together down there. My mom and cousin up here made invitations with their scrapbooking stuff and they also made me a diapercake. A lot of people showed. A lot of cousins that I hadn't seen in a while, my aunts and uncles and some friends. Eddie and his sister showed which made my nerves go crazy because I hadn't seen him in a few months and we weren't on the best terms with each other. Me, my mom, my cousin and one of my best friends drove down to Miami the day of my baby shower. It was a tight ride with only the 4 of us in the Explorer because we were bringing so much stuff. My mom went a little baby shopping crazy. But I'm not complaining! She bought a whole bunch of tiny newborn and 0-3 months clothes and everybody was telling her to not by so much because the baby wouldn't wear any of it but once. Which wasn't true because Madison was only 6lbs so she didn't grow out of them for quite a few months.


Here are some pictures...there are pictures of my baby shower scattered everywhere throughout my family and I don't have any of my cake or my presents but they are out there somewhere.


...me and my little sister Sarah

...me and my Abuela

...me and my mom



...me and my dad and stepmom
...me and my stepsister

...Christa, me, Daniela, Guadalupe and Marisela



...me and my cousin

...Abuelo, Tio, Tia, Abuela, me and my Dad
...me and Christa
...me and Eddie's sister (we both look a little uncomfortable if you ask me.)
...me and Daniela

...this is a pretty typical face for me haha! The only picture I could find of opening my presents. As you can see I am shoeless. I took off my shoes as soon as I walked in the door.

..my Abuela signing my guest page. If you look at the book you can see the picture of me my mom and cousin took.
That was my baby shower!

4 comments:

Sally-Ann said...

Looks like you had a fun baby shower. So many people to love your little girl!!

Thanks for visiting my blog. There are lots of things to do in the Brandon area with the kiddos. I mainly go to Kindermusik - delightful sounds - there is a link on my blog. We also go to gymnastic classes at the Brandon YMCA. Story time at the librarys is also fun - if I can get Sam to sit still!! Hope this helps in your quest to replace Gymboree

Bird Shit said...

the baby shower looked adorable! you were such a cute pregnant chick too!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful shower!! The photos are all just breathtaking!! Thank you for sharing with us

Linda said...

You and your little girl are so pretty,...as well as your mom and grandma,and other family members.

It looks like you had a fun shower. It was nice that so many attended to share in your joy of becoming a mother.

Good Post. Glad you are joining in with us on Wednesday's Walk.
I didn't do one this week, but I will do one next week,...Lord Willing.

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits